Corporate Wellness Programs - FAQs
What are the Best Corporate Fitness Programs?
There are so many forms of exercise that can help corporate teams, offices and agencies. Creating and maintaining well-being initiatives is one of the best ways to develop workplace wellness and happy, productive teams.
KĀYA is home to some of the most popular corporate wellness programs in Melbourne. While we have an array of fitness classes and wellness workshops to suit every need, there are a few, in particular, that we find to be most positive and productive for corporate and professional teams.
Yoga is one of the most effective practices for office workers. It’s the perfect way to gently improve fitness and flexibility - as well as being a mindfulness practice that can be hugely beneficial for mental health.
Pilates is another great way to build fitness. KĀYA is home to a range of pilates reformer machines as well as a team of expert trainers that can support classes of any level of experience.
Meditation has been proven to boost mood, mental health and stress management. KĀYA offers classes in a warm and welcoming environment where teams can enjoy the positive impacts of this practice.
For the corporate wellness programs Melbourne businesses use to support their teams, contact KĀYA and our friend trainers today.
How Can Exercise Improve Stress Management?
Regular exercise is a key component of helping teams manage stress. It may seem contradictory to try and manage stress by adding one more activity to your life! But exercise can be a very effective way to reduce the physical and mental symptoms of stress that can build in a corporate environment.
Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects, and it also reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol. In addition, exercise can help to improve sleep quality and reduce fatigue, two other common symptoms of stress.
If you or your employees are new to exercise, or if you haven’t been active for a while, we’ll help you start slowly, gradually increasing the frequency and intensity of your workouts. And be sure to choose an activity that you enjoy so that it doesn’t feel like a chore.
Taking regular breaks throughout the day to move your body can also be helpful in managing stress. Even a few minutes of walking or stretching can make all the difference!
How To Manage Stress in the Workplace?
It's no secret that stress can have a negative impact on our health, both mentally and physically. But did you know that stress can also affect your team’s productivity at work?
So what can we all do to manage stress in the workplace? Here are a few tips:
- Identify the source of your stress. Is it your workload, your commute, or something else? Once you know what's causing your stress, you can start to address it.
- Take a break. When you're feeling overwhelmed, take a few minutes to yourself to relax and rejuvenate. Take a walk, listen to some calming music, or just step away from your work area for a few minutes.
- Delegate and ask for help. If you're feeling overloaded, delegate tasks to other members of your team or ask for help from your supervisor.
- Practice healthy habits. Eating right, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly can help reduce stress levels.
- Exercise! At KĀYA, we love getting active, moving our bodies and enjoying all the physical and mental rewards that come with this
If you’re looking to improve mental health and develop workplace wellness for your team, then we believe regular exercise is one of the most effective ways to do so. If you agree, then contact KĀYA to discuss our corporate wellness programs in Melbourne!